HEALTH & SAFETY FIRST
JA Electrical Contractors CC complies with the regulations of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, relevant environmental and electrical wiring standards and regulations, as well as Electrical Installation Regulations of 2009.
We are committed to the provision of a safe work environment to ensure the safety of employees, contactors and of our clients.
As part of our commitment to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and the safety of operations, we follow accepted standards for the minimisation and management of risks, which include the implementation of safety systems for operations.
We have safety, health and environmental procedures in place to:
- Inform employees of potential and/or existing workplace hazards, and the required steps to be taken for the minimisation of risks.
- Comply with relevant laws and regulations, and where such legislation does not provide adequate guidelines, to follow industry Best Practices.
- Communicate the requirements for Occupational Health & Safety with all relevant parties.
- Minimise risks emanating from our operations to the public and our employees.
- Monitor effects of our activities on the environment, public and our employees, and take the required steps to improve systems.
- Implement and maintain OHSAS 18001:1999 Health & Safety Management Systems.
- Implement internal and external audits, as well as management reviews to identify risks and areas in which we need to improve our systems.
- Implement and follow risk management policies to continuously reduce Occupational Health & Safety risks associated with our activities.
We are committed to safe operations and the reduction of our environmental footprint.
Minimisation of Risks
We are committed to safe operations and the reduction of our environmental footprint. This commitment is to the benefit of our employees, clients and the public in general. It ensures lower worker and injury compensation costs, and more effective pricing. We thus take a proactive approach to upholding high standards of workmanship, quality and safety, through responsible management of risks and ongoing improvement of our systems.